Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekend Getaway (Packing Checklist)

My sincere apologies for not having any new posts for awhile. Work has been busy and thus preempted some free time during naps. DH has been working hard too. Fortunately, we were recently able to get away for the weekend at a lovely bed and breakfast in Lancaster County. Thanks to the grandparents for watching our boy!

I don't know about you, but there are two parts to going away that really bother me: packing and laundry. It's not especially easy for me to figure out what to throw in a bag, even for a 36-hour excursion. (Will they have a hair dryer? How fancy a restaurant are we going to go to on Saturday?)

To help cut down on the last-minute additions, I developed a packing checklist that can be used for a lot of situations. I simply cross out items or sections that don't apply to the current trip, and then go to work on the things I will need. I hope this will help you out as you are planning your summer vacations.

Update 8/17/11: Here is a link to a PDF version of the checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment