I'm finding that I've lost a bit of oomph for posting on the blog over the past few weeks. A loss of afternoon nap time, among other things, is not helping the matter.
Please expect a (lengthy) break before you see any more posts from me. Enjoy your summer and stay well.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Are you enthusiastic about tackling an organizing project, but aren't sure where to start? Or do you know you'll only get the job done with some cheerleading and encouragement?
I'd be delighted to help!
That's exactly what I did for my friend, whose kitchen is featured in these photos. We organized for function and efficiency, and relocated objects so that she could install a dishwasher.
If you have an upcoming reason to organize, or are just frustrated with your stuff, here are a few ways that I could help:
- Assess a problem area in your home/office and offer verbal or written suggestions on how to better organize it.
- Physically assist you in organizing one or more spaces, providing motivation, ideas and labor. I promise this can be fun; many hands make light work.
- Guide you through setting up online bill pay or other paperless solutions.
- Help you find charitable or eco-friendly disposal options for things that you no longer want or need.
- Organize items and list them for sale on eBay, Craigslist, Freecycle, etc. or prepare for a yard sale or Mother's Mart.
Ready to get started? I'm giving away a two-hour organizing session to one lucky reader this week. Please enter by commenting on why you need the help. I'll choose a random winner to be announced on Saturday. Good luck!
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Now that the warm weather is upon us (thank heavens!), I thought it might be a good time to re-post the link to my cleaning schedule. For those of you who are, um, thinking about spring cleaning.
Nothing fancy here, just a jumping off point for you to adapt to suit your home and family needs. If you don't like mine, there are hundreds of others in cyberspace to choose from.
Incidentally, since I developed the checklist, I read this post and learned I should be vacuuming a lot more often. Like almost every day. Since we are at home most of the time, that is one time per week for every person and pet.
(Shhh...Does anyone know if this is for real, or a conspiracy put forth by carpet companies?)
Enjoy your day!