Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's Too Soon for Colds!

Oh bother. My son has a runny nose and I am starting with a sore throat tonight. Just in time for me to do a lot of public speaking this weekend.

Before pregnancy and nursing, I would have poured myself a glass of red wine to try and head off the impending cold. However, an online friend introduced me to an even more potent remedy that's safe anytime. It's just not for everyone, though I've tried it several times and stand by it's success.

Here's the recipe:
  • One cup of hot black tea, brewed (I suggest nothing too flavorful)
  • Honey, to taste
  • Lemon juice
  • And the secret ingredient--as much cayenne (red) pepper as you can stand
Some of the pepper will probably float to the surface, but do your best to mix it in. I am probably using about a half teaspoon tonight, because I got a bit heavy handed with pouring. This is definitely a sipping tea!

I also really like that this requires no extra ingredients to keep on hand. I don't have to think about running to the drug store when I feel less than my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment