Monday, November 28, 2011

Tidbits

Today I have another installment of  odds 'n' ends thoughts for you.
  • In my six commandments of organizing, I mentioned having a place where you can dump things and sort them (commandment #3). In our house, this is the foyer. We have a rather large foyer compared to the rest of our townhouse, so this area is often where things are dropped for further review. Beyond that, it's the island/peninsula in the kitchen. I'm hoping to get back to some room-by-room posts on kids' rooms and other spaces soon.
  • My husband and I love watching Mythbusters and are catching up on some old episodes via Netflix (we save lots of $ by not having cable). One of the episodes tackled the myth that there are dirtier things in the house than the toilet seat, including money, computer keyboards and the number one culprit--the kitchen sponge. Interestingly enough, we get another magazine that talked about the same type of thing, saying the kitchen is often the dirtiest room in the house. If you use a sponge, you should run it through the dishwasher or microwave every day. Otherwise, you should use dishcloths and pull out a new one at least daily.
  • I'm curious to know if you've started your holiday shopping yet. I did a lot before baby was born, but will probably finish up with online purchases. There was a lot to choose from in stores even before Halloween this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment